Have you ever been rafting? This is the ultimate thrill of being outdoors! After all, you are going through waters that can be calm one minute and rough the next! There are many places around the United States (and the globe) that offer rafting of various kinds, such as white water rafting in the Smoky Mountains, but, if you love the experience, you won’t really care about the type of rafting.
And, now that we’ve got your attention, let’s talk about why and where to go rafting around the world
Benefits and Joys of Rafting
When it comes to the good things you can take from rafting, there are many. Not only are you sure to have a great time, but you can actually benefit mentally from going rafting! Let’s see how it can help below.
- Stress Reduction: Stress hurts the body, and engaging in something like rafting can reduce your stress, which then releases endorphins in the body so you feel better. While rafting, you can release negative energy and feel more centered within.
- Self Esteem: Maybe you never thought you could do such an activity. Once you complete the rafting, you will feel a sense of accomplishment because you did something you may have never done before. Your mood will be happier and you will feel pleased with yourself.
- Better Sleep: After a day on the water, rafting, your body is going to feel tired, as well as your mind. You will be able to sleep better after rating and your brain and body can rest.
- Team Bonding: When you go rafting, you are with a team of 5 or 6 people who are all working together to have a fun time and achieve their goal. Here, you can learn better social skills that can spread through other parts of your life, building friendships and relationships!
Best Locations for Beginners and Experts
Before you decide to go rafting, you need to know which items to take with you. For instance, having the best survival watch can be important because you won’t feel lost if you have something that can direct you toward help.
Now, we can go into some of the best locations, where, if you are prepared, you will have the time of your life!
- Magpie River, Canada: If you are going here, you must take a plane, which is only the start of an 8-day trip that will take you through Quebec. The rapids start right at Magpie River and get harder as you go along. Feel free to camp out on the islands at the river so you can possibly get a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis!
- Salmon River, Idaho: You have probably heard of this place if you have ever rafted before. This is one of the most popular places in the United States to go and it offers such beautiful scenery, too! There is no doubt that you will see some wildlife out there as well! The rapids here get up to Class IV, so it is important to know your expert level.
- Rio Upano, Ecuador: This is a remote area where something like the best tactical flashlight can come in handy. You are in the rainforest here and will see wildlife from birds to butterflies! You can bump into people who live in the local villages as well! You will start your journey in Macas, on the basin of the Amazon River.
- Clear Creek, USA. USA is home to some of the best rafting in the world. You can go rafting at clear creek, with a great selection of rapids, with some of the best views in the country.
Then you will go from calm to rough rides through very narrow canyons. Keep an eye out for the Class IV rapids in the Namangosa Gorge, where you can see waterfalls, too!
- North Johnstone River, Australia: You will want to be skilled if you are going to the North Johnstone River because it offers Class IV and V white waters. This area is quite tropical and lovely, and you will see volcanic gorges as well as rain forests of the Palmerston National Park.
At night, you will see fungi glowing on the rocks and other parts of the land. When starting off the rafting trip, you will take a helicopter to the beginning and go from there. You can only get here by air.
- Sun Kosi River, Nepal: You will be within the highest peaks of the world as you go rafting here. You can float down the Ganges as you pursue Class V waters, rafting through canyons and gorges that are absolutely gorgeous and scenic. At the end of the rafting trip, you will go through a jungle where you will find tropical animals such as monkeys, so have your waterproof camera ready!
- Coruh River, Turkey: You will want to be an expert if you take a wild ride on the Coruh River. This is known as one of the globe’s fastest rivers that will take you through the Kackar Mountains where you will see beautiful gorges and other scenery.
Don’t forget to look out for the wildlife, as you will see boar and bears! Plus if you keep an eye out, you can see castles and old ruins that date back from the Byzantine Empire!
- Zambezi River, Zimbabwe and Zambia: You will experience over 20 rapids in a 15-mile span, so hold on to your raft! You will go near Victoria Falls, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the world. White water rafting in this area is exciting, challenging and fun!
Plus, you get to see some of the most amazing scenery in the world here! This is definitely one of the things to do if you ever get to go to Africa!
As you can now see, rafting can be quite the exciting experience! Not only are you having fun, but you are mentally and physically making your body better. You will see a glimpse of the amazing beauty that our earth has to offer, with gorges, canyons, wildlife and more! Plus, you can travel the world and find the best spots to raft, which can make for some great lasting memories!
Click here to continue reading this article!