Are you looking for an unforgettable road trip through Florida’s top attractions? Look no further than exploring this Sunshine State by car! With its beautiful beaches, diverse wildlife, and iconic theme parks, Florida is the perfect destination for a scenic and exciting road trip on your own or with family & friends.
Even so, when you have so many things to try, deciding where to go or what to do first can get overwhelming. But you need not worry! In this article, we’ll take you on a journey through Florida’s top attraction. So buckle up, and let’s hit the road!
Preparing For A Road Trip
First things first, when planning a road trip, you need to abide by a few unsaid rules & regulations. These rules ensure you enjoy your vacation with minimal to no hassle. It includes:
- Repair Your Car
If you are taking your car for the trip, inspect it thoroughly. Go to the nearest repair shop to check the engine, tires, battery, and alignment. It will ensure you don’t experience vehicle breakdown in the middle of nowhere. Also, carry the repair kit along to make necessary maintenance as required.
- Don’t Drink & Drive
Every state has different laws & regulations associated with driving under the influencer (DUI). And the state of Florida imposes strict penalties for the same. So, if you are going alone, make sure not to drink & drive. Ensure the driver is sober if you are with the family or friends group. Otherwise, you’d have to hire a criminal defense counsel to deal with the DUI. The professionals can help you navigate the legal system and provide the best solutions to avoid the hassle.
- Carry Necessary Documents
Finally, carry all the necessary documents when packing for the road trip. It includes identification proofs like a driver’s license, car registration, and insurance papers (mandatory for legal driving), medical records and emergency contacts (in case of accidents or health issues), and other documents that may seem necessary to you.
Things To Explore In Florida
After you are done preparing for the trip, you can get excited about visiting the following places in Florida:
#1 Miami: Where the Sun and Fun Never Sets
Miami is among the world’s popular spots for a vacation. And why not? It is a vibrant city that never sleeps, famous for its beautiful beaches, art deco architecture, lively nightlife, and whatnot. So, when you are on a Florida road trip, you must start from Miami and try out the following:
- South Beach: It is known for its crystal-clear water and white sand. So, it’s the perfect spot to swim or sunbathe.
- Art Deco Historic District: If you love architecture & history, take a stroll through this iconic district and admire the colorful 1920s-era buildings. It will make you feel as if you’ve stepped back in time.
- Little Havana: Experience the vibrant Cuban culture in Miami’s Little Havana neighborhood. Sip on a cafecito, listen to live music and check out the street art. Agree or not, it will be the first way to enjoy the authenticity of Miami.
#2 Everglades National Park: A Wildlife Haven
After exploring Miami, you can head west to the Everglades National Park. It is a unique wetland ecosystem home to diverse wildlife, perfect for wildlife enthusiasts & kids. Take a drive through the park and keep your eyes on the following:
- Anhinga Trail: A boardwalk trail where you can see alligators, turtles, and herons up close.
- Shark Valley: Take a tram tour or bike ride through this park section for stunning views of the Everglades.
- Big Cypress National Preserve: This preserve is adjacent to the Everglades and allows one to see the elusive Florida panther in its natural habitat.
#3 Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World
Last but not least, no road trip through Florida is complete without a visit to Orlando, the world’s theme park capital. With so many parks to choose from, it can be overwhelming, so we’ve picked the best of the best for you.
- Walt Disney World: Stating the obvious, it’s a magical place where dreams come true. With its four separate theme parks, two water parks, and countless dining and shopping options, it has something for everyone.
- Universal Studios Florida: Experience the movies like never before at this famous theme park, with attractions based on popular franchises like Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and The Simpsons.
- SeaWorld: Get up close and personal with marine life at this ocean-themed park, with thrilling rides, shows, and animal encounters.
We hope this article has inspired you to hit the open road and explore Florida’s top attractions by car. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or a first-time visitor, there’s something for everyone in the Sunshine State. So pack your bags, grab your keys, and prepare for an unforgettable adventure!